Festival season is here. The last time I went to a music festival was at the age of seventeen when I back home with a pierced nose. More than a decade later, I’m more than prepared and ready for the sequel.
This weekend I’m taking my hubby and brother to Bestival. UK’s infamous festival makes it way to Toronto Islands – there’s no way this British girl is missing out on the fun.
This time it’s going to be a bit more luxurious, no camping and the promise of a lovely shower at the end of each day and my bed.
I probably won’t be as reckless either, but you never know, the festival spirit has a way of catching you off guard, it’s a good thing.
I’m no pro, but love to glow and never leave the house without my eyebrows. For a fresh festival face after cleansing, moisturising and using sunblock, apply a BB cream, sweep a sheen across the cheek bones, a flash of mascara on the lashes and tidy up your brows.
Keep these handy essentials in your bag and feel fabulous all day.
- Organic and natural sunblock. Enough said.
- Stay fresh all day with some handy wipes. Look for ones that are free of cruelty, alcohol, synthetic fragrance, parabens and sulfates.
- Give yourself a boost of energy and take care of your skin at the same time with Altrient C by Abundance Health. Vitamin C can offer our skin some much needed summer protection. Because of it’s potency as an antioxidant it can fight off free radical cell damage caused to the skin from excess sun exposure.
- Keep up your festival flow by staying hydrated and well fed, drink plenty of water and keep some healthy snacks on standby.
Try these at the end of day one and start day two feeling refreshed and ready for more festival fun.
- Slathering on GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD™ Hydrating Treatment is the ultimate overnight face treat (it smells gorgeous). When I wake up, my complexion has a luscious glow. It leaves dry skin feeling super moisturised, replenished and calm.
- Magnesium: Studies have shown, that a lack of it, could leave you with lower levels of energy, that may lead to fatigue, weakness, anxiety and irritability. The last thing you want at a festival when you want to look and feel your best! The body keeps using magnesium, so while it might not be possible to eat it throughout the day take a supplement and give your body a head start in the morning with a leafy green juice.
- Drink Dr. Stuart’s Skin Purify, this little goodie bag has the highest essential oil content possible in a packaged tea and contains dandelion leaves which helps to cleanse the liver and kidneys.