Sunday’s in Karachi are made for a spicy bhutta, Itwar Bazaar and a visit to Sea View. There’s nothing better than some fire roasted sweetcorn smothered in lemon and spices! I thought serving guests a miniature version of the bhutta would be perfect party food!
Traditionally desi bhutta is made over a flame, if you have one handy feel free to use it! Chaat masala is really easy to make at home, check out my recipe: here. While this isn’t the most authentic desi bhutta, is definitely has the flavour and making it mini just makes this one of the easiest and funnest street food style canapes you can serve!
- (Makes 16)
- 4 ears corn, husks removed
- 1tbsp oil
- Chaat masala
- Half a lemon
- Some chopped cilantro to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a really sharp knife cut up the each ear of corn into four pieces so you have your mini bhutta/sweet corn.
- Toss them in the oil and lay them out in a baking dish and seal with foil. Bake them for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the mini bhutta/sweet sweet corn from the oven and squeeze the lemon juice over them and sprinkle the chaat masala on them to taste. Toss them around a little.
- Put the the mini bhutta/sweet corn back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some chopped cilantro before serving for a pop of colour.
- You could also try making these on the grill!