Pomegranate makes everything more seductive, even Brussels sprouts.
When you think of sexy things at Christmas, what comes to mind? Where mistletoe can lead, a significant other’s silky smalls, a box of truffles and for some Santa’s lap. When it comes to the Christmas dinner table, I can think of lots of sexy food and Brussels sprouts hardly come to a foodie’s mind.
I never really bothered with Brussels sprouts, I could always think of better things to wrap my tastebuds around but everyone else seems to love them up this time of year! I’ve always been curious – so a fling was inevitable.
Sometime back in November I decided that this would be the year I nailed a Brussels sprouts recipe and it really only came to me when while tossing together a salad with left over roasted Brussels sprouts that there was some pomegranate in the fridge ripe for the taking.
I love adding pomegranate to savoury dishes and they are in bountiful abundance this time of year. If you love some good old Brussels sprouts and are looking for a way to sex them up, adding some seeds from pomegranate the forbidden fruit is the way to go. These simple and sexy Brussels sprouts will blow you away!
With this I wish you all a Merry Christmas as I sign off for a few days. Hope you have a wonderful day.
- 350g Brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 2tbsp of sunflower oil
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to season
- 1tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in sunflower oil and season with pink salt and roast for thirty to forty minutes and remove from oven.
- Allow the Brussels sprouts to rest for a few minutes before tossing with the maple syrup or honey and pomegranate arils and serving.