This superfood parfait uses chia pudding as it’s base instead of granola. Chia seeds have been my go-to strategy for breakfast of late. It doesn’t take long to turn them into something edible and good (like a superfood parfait) the night before when I find myself with five minutes to spare. Spare time rarely avails itself the next morning, so healthy overnight options are ideal, which is why I love this superfood parfait.
I’ve mentioned it before and at the risk of sounding like an old record, since I became a founder life has been insane and even though it’s been crazy in a good way, stress is stress. Stress does strange things to our body, with the danger of giving away too much, lets just say I need the potent fibre in chia seeds amongst other things. For busy glow getting founders and lady bosses chia seeds for breakfast are ideal, they boost immunity, metabolisms and will keep you going because they are packed with tons of nutrients.
Let’s break down the other things I’ve added to this superfood parfait that makes it so super. I don’t drink coffee but do feel like I need a boost at times and often turn to matcha. I’ve used a matcha chia pudding as the base for my superfood parfait. I recently read an article that matcha is an energising alternate to coffee and that the caffeine in matcha releases itself throughout the day instead of hitting you all in one go! I take most things with a pinch of salt, there’s always new research popping up on everything – but I really believe in the power of matcha.
Other things I’ve added to the superfood parfait are some frozen organic raspberries, a dollop bit yoghurt (use coconut yoghurt or goat’s milk yoghurt) and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and goji berries. This really is a superfood parfait, chia seeds, matcha, raspberries, yoghurt, goji berries and pumpkin seeds!
- (Serves 1)
- 3tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1tsp organic matcha powder
- 1/2tbsp natural sweetener (such a maple syrup or honey)
- 1/2tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of frozen organic raspberries
- A dollop of coconut yoghurt or goat’s milk yoghurt
- A handful of goji berries
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- In a jar or bowl add the chia seeds along with half a cup of almond milk. Mix well and leave to thicken.
- Meanwhile in a blender blitz together the remaining almond milk with the matcha powder, sweetener and vanilla. Stir this into the chia seed mixture well and let it sit for about half an hour.
- Top with the raspberries, yoghurt, goji berries and pumpkin seeds and leave in the fridge overnight.